Ads

Sunday, July 1, 2012

For A Very Special Boy



Baby Oyen at 1-year old
I first posted this on my Facebook wall. It's about my feelings and thoughts about my special boy, Baby Oyen. He is autistic, and at age four, could not yet verbally communicate with us. It is sometimes frustrating not to know what's going on in Baby Oyen's mind. 

Somebody suggested that I turn my Facebook post into a poem. But since I'm not a literary writer, I'm sticking with the original format. My attempts in poetry always ends up in total failure. Anyways, in whatever form it maybe - poetry or prose - the message is still the same. I made some changes, a little editing here and there. So here it is. I am hoping someday, when my Baby Oyen will be allowed by the Lord to progress and learn how to read, he will discover this so that he would know how much I love him.


IF I AM THE RICHEST PERSON IN THE WORLD

If I am the richest person in the world, how would I spend my wealth?


I would be willing to spend it on anything that can make me read my Baby Oyen's thoughts. To be able to understand the reason behind his smiles, his tears, and his laughter.


Me and my baby
I want to see how the world looks like through his eyes. If green is green or if blue is really blue. Or if the flickering lights look like sparkling little crystals floating in the air.


If water feels like water in his palms. Why warm is cold, and cold is warm to his skin.Why he refuses to be touched on the face yet cuddles close to me when he sleeps. Why he wants to tiptoe, rather than walk flat on his feet.

I want to know how he sees us in his spinning world. Why he likes to spin things in his hands and even spin himself around. Why he likes the dogs and cats and the little birds. Why he likes to splash in the pool but hates taking a bath. Why he eats food that produces sound, but refuses those that do not. 



I want to know how he processes the words we speak. Why he appears deaf to all of us but sways to the sound of music? Why the rain excites him every time. Does the pitter-patter of the raindrops sounds like music too?


Oyen playing in the rain
My Baby Oyen may not utter a word but I know his world is not silent. Who knows, his is a much more exciting world than ours.

If I have all the money in the world. I will trade it for a glimpse of Oyen's world.


See Oyen's video below. I always feel a pinch in my heart every time I watch it. 


1 comment:

  1. Special he is but someday he may open the eyes of people to see what really life is all about. Oyen is an Instrument that when it played every people listens and get inspired.

    ReplyDelete