Ads

Sunday, January 26, 2014

The People We Had Helped Rebuild Their Homes

If you recalled my first post regarding my fund drive for Typhoon Yolanda victims in Brgy. Bagongon, Concepcion, Iloilo, we have already gave cash to some families (see related post here). I was not able to go to the island personally. I was actually advised not to go there because the weather these past few weeks is not good for travelling to the island. I handed P15,000 to Mrs. Catherine Buenafe and she took charge of distributing the money to her neighbors. 


Mrs. Buenafe accepting the cash donations last December 2013.

Here is a list of names of the recipients of the donations:


Reynaldo Olano
Jona Panday
Lorna Gabayeron
Elena Gabayeron
Bonifacio Vinalon
Herminio Buenafe
Rona Buenafe
Mary Jaene Sanchez
Joey Herbolario
RIna Camayodo

Mrs. Catherine Buenafe promised to give me photos of the recipients. However, she could not give it to me yet because she has not yet crossed to the mainland because of bad weather. I want to get photos of the recipients and the area for transparency purposes for our donors but then, I don't want also that these people risk their safety for a simple photo. I'll just post it here as soon as I get them.

Please encourage your friends to make their donations through my gofundme page so that we could help more families in the island. http://www.gofundme.com/5d0qv8 

As of today, we have received $199 dollars donation. I am planning to cash this out next week so we can send funds to some families.


EDITED (January 30, 2014)

Here are the photos of the people who have received assistance from us last December. 









Notice the material used for the roof. Those are tarps.

This is what was left of their house. I learned that those who totally
 lost their house would live with other families whose houses were less affected.

Again, tarp material for their walls.





No comments:

Post a Comment